• 35 acre parcel in the U Lazy U Subdivision -  10 miles east of Alamosa
  • 42 acre parcel in Alamosa County at U.S. 160 and Rd. 122

In Colorado, large parcels over 35 acres get special well permits that allow for some irrigation.   Larger parcels allow for real ranch style living. Usually, there are no covenants governing these larger lots, and a more rural lifestyle is possible.  

Typical view north from this area
Click for a larger version
42 Acre Parcel with Power
Click for larger size
Detailed map -- will blow up when you click
Click for larger version
Survey Plat for 41.63 Acres
Click for a Larger Version

 Parcel is temporarily reserved 5-1-15 

In Alamosa County-near US 160 and Road 122

A 42 Acre Parcel with Power on Property --  Financed Price $24,500 with  $9,000 down and then $240/month for 88 months.

Sale: $19,000 Cash or Fast-Pay.  Fast-Pay requires $10,000 down and 6 quarterly payments of $1,500 as of February, 2014

Winter view north west from large parcels

The Entrance to the U Lazy U 2 Parcels
Click to Enlarge
Blanca View from the property
Click to Enlarge
Terrain - looking South
Click to Enlarge
Looking across the parcel- SW view
Click to Enlarge
Another great view of the landscape - SW
Click to Enlarge
West view -- along the fence
Click to Enlarge

Blanca Massif
Click for larger size
North Toward the Sand Dunes
Click for Larger size
Entrance to U Lazy U 2
Click for larger version
Upper Sangre de Cristo Mountains Near Crestone
Click for larger version
Another Blanca View
Click to Enlarge
S.E. View of Sand Hills
Click to Enlarge

Reserved 6-3-15 - Chris A. from Littleton CO   
U Lazy U 2, Parcel 1, 35 Acres - $12,600 Cash or Fast-Pay.  Our Fast- Pay requires $5,600 down and $291.67/month for 24 months. The financed price is $14,000 and requires $4,000 down and $200 per month for 43 months  NO INTEREST for either option!  You must purchase the property outright before you can build or live on it. 
This 35 acre parcel is located just inside the Alamosa County Line, about 15 miles east of Alamosa and about 8 miles west from the little town of Blanca. The parcel is flat with native grasses and shrubs. 35 Acre and larger parcels in our area qualify for a regular well permit for a 15 gallon per minute well. These wells allow for watering a 1 acre garden, flowers and trees, small livestock and for domestic water for a home or cabin. Wells in this area will cost about $8,500. This parcel is not suited for farming.
Alamosa has a population of 13,000 people . It has a Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger’s, a Walgreen, several lumber yards and a good Medical Center and Hospital. The nearest year-round neighbor is about 0.6 miles to the north. People in this area will typically have solar power, a septic system, and a propane tank. Because there are no utilities in this area, people use solar and propane for heating and appliances.  We estimate the cost of setting up will include: Well - $8,500, Septic System - $5,500; 1,000 watt Solar system - $4,000 or $14,000 for a 500 watt system; $4,000 to fence 5 acres, and $6,000 for a barn.  All those costs are approximate but should be added to the cost of a home.  There are few good jobs in our area, and we recommend that people who plan to live in our area have a pension income or work in sales, trucking. We do require the property to be paid in full before you can move on to it or build. A Second parcel is also available below -- scroll down for Parcel 10 which is less expensive.

Alamosa has a first class hospital, Wal-Mart, Safeway and Kroger's plus a Walgreens.  Alamosa County encourages alternative construction such as earthship, rammed-earth or strawbale homes.  This 35-acre parcel qualifies for a regular well-permit and a 15-gallon per minute well.  Water can be used for a 1-acre garden, livestock (no cattle or pigs, due to residential zoning) and to water trees, flowers and other domestic use.

Directions:  From Ft. Garland, head west on U.S. Hwy 160 for 12 miles. After passing the Colorado Hwy 150 Sand Dunes exit, look for Alamosa County Road 122 on your left. (There is a blue road sign for Rd 122 on the right side of the Road about 50 yards east of Rd. 122) Turn there, head south for almost 2.5 miles. After crossing the railroad track, turn left. After a few hundred feet, turn right on Alma. Take the next right on Sanford. Zero odometer and continue on Sanford for 1 mile. Turn right on Sams Road (no road sign) and enter U Lazy U 2 through log entry. Turn right and follow fence line north to end of road. If you have a GPS the south east corner of Parcel 1 is located at 37.435730; -105.649767. EL 7633’. This parcel was surveyed in 2005and there are metal corner markers at all corners.

Plat map of U Lazy U 2 Parcels
Click to Enlarge
Enlargement of Parcel map
Click to Enlarge

This area is NOT suitable for farming.  You can get a well permit, and dig a well- then  water some trees, plow some dirt and make a garden, you can also have some small livestock inside fences.  You get cool temperatures at this elevation at night so the growing season is short.  You have to live on the property and water trees regularly to get them started.  We've seen antelope, rabbits, small foxes, and other little dessert critters in this area.  The soil is pretty sandy, so you might need to enrich it for your garden.  You can have a mobilehome that is not older than 1976, but check with Alamosa County to start a building project.  They follow standardized rules and regs concerning building permits and improvements.  There is a small college and a regional airport in Alamosa.  

U Lazy U 2, Parcel 10 - $10,000 Cash or $11,000 financed requiring $4,000 down and 35 payments of $200.  We don't charge any closing costs or hidden fees.  
All of the information above concerning Parcel 1 is applicable to this parcel.  It is located 2 miles further south and would take longer to access from Highway 160.  Views and terrain of the area are very similar to what we are showing. We can furnish directions but Parcel 10 is on the above map of the subdivision.  Wolfgang platted this area about 10 years ago and all the corners were surveyed and marked originally.  As noted above, we don't allow our buyers to build or live on the property until it is paid in full.  





Click to Enlarge